Refresh History
  • Read the rules
  • deuxieme: pharaoh ktv
    September 15, 2019, 08:34:04 AM
  • yrk0ugm: Yes mAn
    September 15, 2019, 11:09:26 PM
  • kagome99: Manong
    September 16, 2019, 02:32:43 AM
  • poly02: Di na nakaconnect ss tapatalk pt?
    September 17, 2019, 12:59:16 AM
  • firephoenix: Tagalog
    September 17, 2019, 05:29:44 AM
  • uniichan: Supertiyantz
    September 17, 2019, 07:27:58 AM
  • omgz69: Michelle
    September 18, 2019, 12:36:44 AM
  • leonel_aztig: Michele
    September 18, 2019, 05:00:35 AM
  • leonel_aztig: Michi
    September 18, 2019, 05:00:54 AM
  • Marcus jm: Michelle
    September 18, 2019, 05:05:45 AM
  • aysahyahnaman: Matanda
    September 18, 2019, 06:02:26 AM
  • pinoysenseitoo: Warden
    September 18, 2019, 08:08:24 AM
  • congkiq2002: Wala na po ba ung story ung sa singapore yata un, ung bidang lalaki si dan
    September 18, 2019, 08:20:02 AM
  • marlon_anor2003@yahoo.com: Biyanan
    September 18, 2019, 02:38:58 PM
  • Prinsesa: Teatro karnal
    September 18, 2019, 08:55:01 PM
  • edene25: Ann magno ukiyo dreams
    September 19, 2019, 08:23:24 AM
  • appleblossomgirl: Hi
    September 19, 2019, 08:11:49 PM
  • pristontale: Basketball laro ng kalibugan
    September 20, 2019, 09:25:50 AM
  • bobby cancino: hello appleblossomgirl
    September 20, 2019, 10:46:17 AM
  • Mowdyakow: melissa
    Today at 04:13:43 PM

Philippines says US spy planes monitoring China at sea

Offline arthas™

• Global Moderator
  • Certified Member 3
  • Ready to comply
The Philippines said Wednesday that US spy planes were providing crucial intelligence on Chinese military activities in disputed areas of the South China Sea.

US Navy P-3 Orion surveillance aircraft frequently fly over areas that the Philippines says are within its legal territory but where China has deployed military vessels, said Foreign Secretary Albert del Rosario.

"I think it's of significant importance for us," del Rosario told reporters, when asked about the value of the information gathered by the spy planes.

"We do have an interest in terms of what is going on with our exclusive economic zone, within our continental shelf, and we want to know if there are any intrusions."

China claims nearly all of the sea, even waters close to the Philippines and other neighbours.

Analysts have long warned that China's overlapping claims with the Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, Brunei and Taiwan could be a flashpoint of armed conflict.

Tensions have risen in recent years as China has adopted more aggressive diplomatic and military tactics to assert its claims to the potentially resource-rich waters.

The Philippines has repeatedly called on the United States, its former colonial master and close military ally, for help in resisting China.

While the United States insists it will not take sides in the South China Sea dispute, it has helped to upgrade the Philippines' military capabilities.

When asked if the spy plane surveillance on China may jar with the United States' insistence of neutrality in the maritime dispute, del Rosario emphasised the close US-Philippine ties.

He pointed out the allies had a mutual defence treaty, which calls on each party to help the other in times of external aggression.

He also said the United States was keen to maintain peace in the Asia-Pacific and ensure freedom of navigation in the South China Sea, home to some of the world's busiest shipping lanes.

"I think it is in that context that we believe they have a right to be there," he said.

"It is also because we'd like them to be there, that is the bottom line."

When asked how long the spy planes had been flying over the Philippine-claimed waters of the South China Sea, del Rosario said since at least he became foreign secretary in 2010.

He gave no further details on the timeframe but said the spy planes operated mostly, but not exclusively, during times of joint military exercises between the Philippines and the United States.

The Philippine military, which is considered among the weakest in the region, has largely relied on excess US hardware to boost its capabilities.

In 2011, it acquired a decommissioned US coastguard cutter, and transformed it into its naval flagship called Gregorio del Pilar.

A sister ship, the Ramon Alcaraz is set to arrive within days, and President Benigno Aquino is scheduled to attend a welcoming ceremony for it next week at a former US naval base about three hours' drive north of Manila.

Del Rosario said the government was looking at acquiring more US ships in the future, as well as allowing more rotational visits of American soldiers.

"I think it would be good if we can get one or two more," he said of the US vessels.

The Philippines was also expected to get $50 million this year from a US congressional budget allocation for foreign military aid, 60 percent more than last year.

China has consistently said the United States should have no role to play in the dispute over the South China Sea.

credits to source

Pinoytambay

Philippines says US spy planes monitoring China at sea
« on: August 01, 2013, 11:43:26 AM »

Offline ¿m☺ÿ

• Elite Certified Member
  • Certified Member 4
  • If you want to be my friend, i'm just 1 PM away.
    • POTW
    • PTFM
    • Sagittarius
Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 02:46:03 PM
kung hindi sana pinaalis agad-agad ang us base dito sa pinas e di sana walang ganitong problema... i don't mind letting them leave, pero sana there should have a good ideal to acquire knowledge, weaponry, ships, etc.... the only thing to do now is buy whatever we can to depend our teritory.....

Offline Prime™

• Optimus Princeps
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified Member 2
  • The One-eyed King
    • PTFM
    • Scorpio
Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 05:18:24 PM
This could potentially become a real crisis. When it does and when big powers are involved, two options for China, either to back down or declare war. Malabo yan sa ngayon, there is too much at stake. You may thank globalization and nuclear proliferation for that. Gone are the days that you can declare war to conquer your neighbor kingdom just like that.

Everything and everyone is now connected. I mean you can still do it, pero sa dami ng may ICBM ngayon hindi ka pwepwedeng lolokoloko. No one wants total annihilation.

Sindakan lang yan. China has Russia's support, we have the US, and definitely NATO's. it's going to be a standoff between major powers and nations under their spheres of influence.

Anyway what might happen is a war of attrition. Clandestine stuff on the sides, usually yung tipong hindi harap harapan. Kagaya ng girian nila tungkol sa mga hackers ng China.

The last time the US formally declared war was in WW2 and yet you see them all over the world.

Even the Cold War, was fought with only minor skirmishes. Nobody really wants to antagonize the other too much. Yes there was the Korean War and Vietnam, pero the US and the USSR never really tussled face to face. It's all their little nation chess pieces.

I see this could potentially happen again with China, hence us being "armed" kuno.

You can go dig deeper with what really happened in Afghanistan, and pano ba nag simula yan. You might be surprised who helped whom at first.

Anyway we'll see what happens. I still hope peace and sobriety prevails.
~ Insert witty quote here ~

Pinoytambay

Re: Philippines says US spy planes monitoring China at sea
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 05:18:24 PM »

Offline amy2004

Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 07:56:51 PM
Peace and sobriety will prevail if both parties acknowledge each other us equals or peers. do China consider us as their equal? or they look at us as an inferior country that dare to challenge a superpower?
 The least that China could treat us is to ignore our wimping and look at us in disdain.
The US spy plane is ok, but nothing really strategic since the Chinese doesn't care whether we know or not what they are doing in our backyard which they also claim to be theirs.  So bringing the Spy plane issue to the public is like adding salt to our wounded pride. How I wish the GOP will stop their mouth cracking and observe SILENCE!

Offline Prime™

• Optimus Princeps
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified Member 2
  • The One-eyed King
    • PTFM
    • Scorpio
Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 08:39:43 PM
Peace and sobriety will prevail if both parties acknowledge each other us equals or peers. do China consider us as their equal? or they look at us as an inferior country that dare to challenge a superpower?
 The least that China could treat us is to ignore our wimping and look at us in disdain.
The US spy plane is ok, but nothing really strategic since the Chinese doesn't care whether we know or not what they are doing in our backyard which they also claim to be theirs.  So bringing the Spy plane issue to the public is like adding salt to our wounded pride. How I wish the GOP will stop their mouth cracking and observe SILENCE!

I don't think China sees as us as their equal. Probably not even in the same ballpark. I don't even think they see anyone as their equals (partner wise) except probably the Russians? I don't know, who can really say?

When you have a long history like China does, it's not really a stretch to consider that there might be some deep seated arrogance and feelings of self-entitlement there.

The Spy planes could bother them lalo na if its obvious that the US is checking out their new equipment, and not what's actually happening in the west Philippine sea. Actually China nga ang may atraso ngayon sa US because of the recent hacking incident, and Russia with the Snowden incident. Pero honestly pareho pareho lang naman yang mga yan.

Japan is also starting to re-arm bit by bit including her navy, kaya every information on their current equipment is kind of a big deal right now.

When you become a major power there are certain things you're just gonna have to do or you won't stay a major power for long.

Anyway I hear what you're saying, and yeah it really is like salt being rubbed on our wound.

When you mentioned GOP, what did you mean exactly?

Pinoytambay

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 08:39:43 PM »

Offline amy2004

Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 09:12:52 PM
I don't think China sees as us as their equal. Probably not even in the same ballpark. I don't even think they see anyone as their equals (partner wise) except probably the Russians? I don't know, who can really say?

When you have a long history like China does, it's not really a stretch to consider that there might be some deep seated arrogance and feelings of self-entitlement there.

The Spy planes could bother them lalo na if its obvious that the US is checking out their new equipment, and not what's actually happening in the west Philippine sea. Actually China nga ang may atraso ngayon sa US because of the recent hacking incident, and Russia with the Snowden incident. Pero honestly pareho pareho lang naman yang mga yan.

Japan is also starting to re-arm bit by bit including her navy, kaya every information on their current equipment is kind of a big deal right now.

When you become a major power there are certain things you're just gonna have to do or you won't stay a major power for long.

Anyway I hear what you're saying, and yeah it really is like salt being rubbed on our wound.

When you mentioned GOP, what did you mean exactly?

What I mean about the GOP is the Goverment who is in power. Sorry I guess its the wrong term.
I agree with you Sir on the point that the US is monitoring the Chinese regarding the progress of their technology and not on what they are doing, ibig sabihin yong interes nila ang kanilang concern at hindi yong interes natin.
The re-arming of Japan is what I'm afraid about Sir Prime, ang hirap nito baka dumating ang araw na hindi na kailangan ng Japan ang US dahil masyado nang malakas ang armed forces nila, this can lead into more complicated situation.

Offline Prime™

• Optimus Princeps
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified Member 2
  • The One-eyed King
    • PTFM
    • Scorpio
Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 08:33:49 AM
What I mean about the GOP is the Goverment who is in power. Sorry I guess its the wrong term.
I agree with you Sir on the point that the US is monitoring the Chinese regarding the progress of their technology and not on what they are doing, ibig sabihin yong interes nila ang kanilang concern at hindi yong interes natin.
The re-arming of Japan is what I'm afraid about Sir Prime, ang hirap nito baka dumating ang araw na hindi na kailangan ng Japan ang US dahil masyado nang malakas ang armed forces nila, this can lead into more complicated situation.

Oh I thought you meant the Grand old party or the Republican Party in the US.

Yeah, it really is a conundrum. The re-arming of Japan will definitely change our Geo-political landscape here in Asia, heck even perhaps the world. It wasn't too long ago that Japan flexed its muscles and caused havoc halos lahat sa atin dito. China and Korea never really got over the atrocities, sila ang pinaka pinahirapan ng Japan.

Anyway at the same time meron din good, at least China will not be the sole default Asian super power here. India is no push over but has a long way to go, at the same time her problems with Pakistan will always keep here pre-occupied; South Korea has some strength pero with NoKor breathing down their necks with their heavy artilleries aimed at their most important cities, they need to tiptoe also along the situation as delicately as they could.

As time goes on, the US is becoming less and less relevant. Economically speaking they are still formidable make no mistake, pero if China and Japan decided to dump their huge US dollar reserves, that could be catastrophic to their economy.

This is one of the reasons why the US must play nice with both. Military speaking, balewala parin ang China compared to the US as of now, kelan lang ba nag umpisa nag modernize yan. The US has been doing nothing but improve their military tech since WW2, ahead na ahead pa yan.

Yeah Chinese conscripts are in the millions, pero the question is can they really reach the mainland US? Their navy kinda sucks at this time.

Anyway the biggest concern right now for the US is their economic clout. Why do you think they are flexing their muscles in the Middle East? Gaddafi wanted to go back to the gold standard and be paid in gold or in euros for his oil, he also had some dealings with China because China wants to spread her influence in Africa and her ever growing need for resource, pero the US would not have that, so did Saddam because of the weakening dollar. The rest is history. Anyway stuff like this you don't see in the news very often.

They are trying their best to hold onto to their ace card which is the USD being the default worldwide currency, otherwise the private bank cartel Federal Reserve (Yes it's private) could no longer make money out of thin air to fund almost everything.

I don't think Japan will stray too far from their alliance with the US. Russia has China's back, both are Japan's next door neighbor. Mag dadahan dahan din yan. They still need the US, though her power is waning a little bit, she still has the best military in terms of equipment. Madaming tech ang US na we haven't even heard of yet. Militaristic country ang US definitely.

Anyway thanks for the input Amy2004. You've given me some food for thought. See you around.

Offline angelmassacre

Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 07:56:40 PM
ang malungkot dito, para tayong nerd na binubully at wala tayong kakayahan na depensahan sarili natin, hanggang kelan tayo po-protektahan ni uncle sam? to what extent will he stretch his military prowess?

primitive weapons kung ikukumpara ang sandatahang lakas natin sa mga kapitbahay natin, bakit ganun? may bagong warship daw tayo, uyyy~ ehh nung WWII pa yan ah? almost 60years na ang nakalipas, relic of the past?

sa bagay haggang pangbubully lang naman ang china, di nya rin kayang mag all out war sa atin, pero slowly china conquering the world, halos lahat ng binibili natin made in china na, sa panahon ngayon hindi ka mabubuhay ng isang araw na hindi bumibili ng china products.

Offline Prime™

• Optimus Princeps
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified Member 2
  • The One-eyed King
    • PTFM
    • Scorpio
Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 08:10:55 PM

ang malungkot dito, para tayong nerd na binubully at wala tayong kakayahan na depensahan sarili natin, hanggang kelan tayo po-protektahan ni uncle sam? to what extent will he stretch his military prowess?

primitive weapons kung ikukumpara ang sandatahang lakas natin sa mga kapitbahay natin, bakit ganun? may bagong warship daw tayo, uyyy~ ehh nung WWII pa yan ah? almost 60years na ang nakalipas, relic of the past?

sa bagay haggang pangbubully lang naman ang china, di nya rin kayang mag all out war sa atin, pero slowly china conquering the world, halos lahat ng binibili natin made in china na, sa panahon ngayon hindi ka mabubuhay ng isang araw na hindi bumibili ng china products.

Yeah China. Pero ang lalong bad trip... Ultimo Taiwan binubully tayo. Wtf diba..? Haneps.

Anyway ganyan talaga.. Malay natin 100-200 years from now, Pilipinas naman ang top dog dito sa Southeast Asia.

Pero hanggat hitik sa corruption ang Pinas, walang amount ng tangke or warship ang makakapag bago ng situasyon natin. No way, no how. The change must come from within, not without.

Offline amy2004

Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 07:11:07 PM
Wtf talaga! I can say that Taiwan is the Great Pretender!
100 TO 200 YEARS? gosh! you mean not in our lifetime? so we are going to die being bullied around? mukhang hindi matatahimik ang kaluluwa ko nito.
Ang bwiset na corruption na yan ang anay sa society natin it weakens our nation.
Maybe we need to think about this every time we vote for our leader may it be local or national.... or better so, let us lobby for the return of death penalty and anyone convicted of corruption 5 million up will be put to death by firing squad.

Offline Prime™

• Optimus Princeps
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified Member 2
  • The One-eyed King
    • PTFM
    • Scorpio
Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 07:21:04 AM

Wtf talaga! I can say that Taiwan is the Great Pretender!
100 TO 200 YEARS? gosh! you mean not in our lifetime? so we are going to die being bullied around? mukhang hindi matatahimik ang kaluluwa ko nito.
Ang bwiset na corruption na yan ang anay sa society natin it weakens our nation.
Maybe we need to think about this every time we vote for our leader may it be local or national.... or better so, let us lobby for the return of death penalty and anyone convicted of corruption 5 million up will be put to death by firing squad.

Hahaha I agree with you so much with the death penalty issue.

I assume you're not in the PH right now? But if you were and you watched the news even sa mornings, with all the riding in tandem killings and holdups, nakakapang gigil.

Our lifetime makikita natin ang talagang pag anggat ng Pinas in terms of economy, military, global relevance and clout? Not impossible pero highly improbable. Until magbago ang mindset ng majority ng pinoy halos impossible.

Ngayon nga lang may issue nanaman jaan sa pork barrel scam? Yan palang yung mga nadinig natin, pano pa kaya yung mga talagang tago. The corruption runs so deep, and sobrang naging talamak na, kahit ibang mga bansa alam na ang kalakaran dito. Make no mistake, marami din corruption sa ibang bansang mayayaman, pero yung case natin dito, not only its very obvious,  and halos accepted na sa day to day lives natin but also the corruption is so bad na it really has a very tangible effect on our global standing.

We've not been invaded by another foreign power for so long. The last one was Japan, so we have no excuse there.
We have plenty of land area, no excuse there.
We have plenty of resources so no excuse there.
We have plenty of manpower , so no excuse there.
We are an island nation kaya kahit papaano there is some buffer between us and conflicts on continental Asia so no excuse there.
We have plenty of money sa totoo lang nakakalula ang budget natin kung iisipin at individual pork barrel budgets ng mga nasa gobyerno so there is no excuse there.

What's the problem then?

It really makes you wonder saan tayo nagkamali? I would like to ask some anthropologist and social scientist ano kaya ang nanyari dito? And if meron ba tayong similar case para lang mapag aralan.

Offline saranghandagu

Reply #11 on: August 14, 2013, 06:12:56 PM
Kelangan nating maging innovative. We need to make our own drones no matter how primitive is it. Dahil sa mga small steps na yan e ma iimprove ang mga ginagawa natin.

Kelangan nating ng local defence manufacturer.
날 다 줘도 모자라, 날 버려도 모자라, 내가 널 얼마만큼 사랑하는지를
모를 거야 아마 넌 Here I am

Offline angelmassacre

Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 09:47:13 AM

Hahaha I agree with you so much with the death penalty issue.

I assume you're not in the PH right now? But if you were and you watched the news even sa mornings, with all the riding in tandem killings and holdups, nakakapang gigil.

Our lifetime makikita natin ang talagang pag anggat ng Pinas in terms of economy, military, global relevance and clout? Not impossible pero highly improbable. Until magbago ang mindset ng majority ng pinoy halos impossible.

Ngayon nga lang may issue nanaman jaan sa pork barrel scam? Yan palang yung mga nadinig natin, pano pa kaya yung mga talagang tago. The corruption runs so deep, and sobrang naging talamak na, kahit ibang mga bansa alam na ang kalakaran dito. Make no mistake, marami din corruption sa ibang bansang mayayaman, pero yung case natin dito, not only its very obvious,  and halos accepted na sa day to day lives natin but also the corruption is so bad na it really has a very tangible effect on our global standing.

We've not been invaded by another foreign power for so long. The last one was Japan, so we have no excuse there.
We have plenty of land area, no excuse there.
We have plenty of resources so no excuse there.
We have plenty of manpower , so no excuse there.
We are an island nation kaya kahit papaano there is some buffer between us and conflicts on continental Asia so no excuse there.
We have plenty of money sa totoo lang nakakalula ang budget natin kung iisipin at individual pork barrel budgets ng mga nasa gobyerno so there is no excuse there.

What's the problem then?

It really makes you wonder saan tayo nagkamali? I would like to ask some anthropologist and social scientist ano kaya ang nanyari dito? And if meron ba tayong similar case para lang mapag aralan.

Ang mga iilang panginoong may lupa na nagtake advantage sa EDSA I at pagka unstable ng government pagkatapos noon.

Lets face it, hindi naman talaga ganun ka bright si Cory kung ikukumpara sa husband nya, although I know na malinis naman intensyon nya, pero yung mga taong pinagkakautangan nya sa pag-upo sa pwesto merong maitim na budhi at kili-kili. Lopez *Ubo* Conjuangco *ubo* etc.

Online raisingsun

Reply #13 on: August 20, 2013, 01:54:12 AM
kung hindi sana pinaalis agad-agad ang us base dito sa pinas e di sana walang ganitong problema... i don't mind letting them leave, pero sana there should have a good ideal to acquire knowledge, weaponry, ships, etc.... the only thing to do now is buy whatever we can to depend our teritory.....

isama mo pa diyan si Pinatubo kaya biglang nagalsa balutan ang mga kano.....

Offline backwithanotherone

• Certified Member 1
  • Just keepin it cool and classy
    • Gemini
Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 04:46:57 AM
well, mabuti nalang merong US, i don't understand why there are some that doesnt like US to interefere, as if naman mapagtatanggal natin sarili naten kung tayo lang
"If you can't believe in yourself, No one else can"

Pinoytambay

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2013, 04:46:57 AM »

* PT Social Groups