• NarutoUzumaki: [link]
    May 13, 2024, 11:18:07 AM
  • NarutoUzumaki: Official Filipinosixstories account join na kayo
    May 13, 2024, 11:18:30 AM
  • george.estreganjr: Wife gone wild
    Today at 01:00:56 PM

Forgotten Landscapes: for those that seek the road less travelled

Offline mugiwara

If you’re one to travel on your tax refund, you’ll probably be starting to scour the web for holiday inspiration like glittery islands, powdery snowfields or non-stop cityscapes. But if the road less travelled is what you seek, you can’t go past these forgotten landscapes.

Iceland The most sparsely populated country in Europe, home to just 321,000 people, Iceland possesses a beauty that will blow you away. Brimming with volcanoes, waterfalls and restorative hot springs, and also blessed with the magical Northern Lights, it’s like visiting a distant planet. In June the sun sets briefly before rising again, but in December the sun shines for just four hours each day.

Mongolia Mongolia is the 19th largest country in the world. With a population of just 2.7 million, 40% of whom live in the capital Ulan Bator, you could be forgiven for assuming that nobody lives there. The land of blue skies has remained relatively unspoiled, thanks in part to nomadic traditions. The steppe is the most recognisable landscape of Mongolia, but there are also towering mountains and arid deserts.

If you’re looking for a wilderness experience, Patagonia is the place. Shared between Argentina and Chile, Patagonia has one of the most unique eco systems in the world. Its vast landscape is packed with deep fjords, soaring mountains and ever expanding glaciers, meaning your camera is sure to get a workout. Once just for backpackers, Patagonia is now capturing the attention of many different travellers.

Tsingy de Bemaraha National Park - Madagascar A vast area of limestone formations topped with jagged rocks sharper and deadlier than a kiss from a Great White, Tsingy de Bemaraha is the last frontier. Many experienced rock climbers have tried to navigate the impenetrable national park, but it still remains largely unexplored thanks to the razor sharp “tsingy” which cuts through the toughest gear like a knife through butter. Research teams find new species each time they enter the park. Who knows, there may even be dragons inside…

Slovakia Slovakia sits right in the middle of Europe, enclosed completely by five different countries. This beautiful country has had a troubled past, yet has managed to preserve its traditional villages, ancient ruins and rugged landscape, while slowly developing into a tourist hot spot. The countryside is awash with old fortresses, deep mountain gorges, rivers and plenty of scenic hiking trails.

Malta One of the world’s smallest and most densely populated countries, Malta is a group of seven Islands - the largest three of which have been inhabited. Surrounded by cliffs covered in ancient fossils and hidden caves, the island nation is actually home to the second oldest manmade religious structures on Earth. Ġgantija, a vast Neolithic temple complex on the island of Gozo, is more than 5,500 years old.

Huahine Island Part of the Leeward Islands group, the locals refer to Huahine as the most picturesque Island in Tahiti. The lush tropical Jungle Island is covered in coconut plantations, banana groves, watermelon fields and hidden sacred temples. The Island is believed to have a very positive impact on fertility and is probably the closest one gets to experiencing paradise on earth.

Mozambique Mozambique has over 2,500 kilometres of beautiful coastline to explore, but the most interesting spot is across the Zambezi River into the wilds of Northern Mozambique, Africa’s last frontier. Until recently the area was inaccessible due to the large presence of Guerrilla warfare happening throughout the region.

The Isle of Skye - Scotland Despite its small size, Skye certainly punches above its weight. The island boasts an impressive 20 munros, summit that aren’t regarded as separate mountains, making it popular with climbers. Loch Coruisk, just beneath Black Cuillin and is one of most stunning sights in Scotland, thanks to the crystal clear waters that reflect the rugged mountain scenery. The enchanting Faerie Pools of Glenbritle are also worthy of a visit.

Luxembourg Like a fairytale brought to life, Luxembourg is filled with quaint cobble stone streets, old-fashioned dwellings and glorious castles. Not only is it one of the smallest countries in Europe, Luxembourg is also one of the safest.

Source : https://ph.news.yahoo.com/photos/forgotten-landscapes-1409881489-slideshow/strong-luxembourg-strong-fairytale-brought-photo-233659602.html

My Board

Forgotten Landscapes: for those that seek the road less travelled
« on: September 05, 2014, 09:16:03 PM »

Offline large99

:book1: fascinating! sarap mamasyal, pero mukang mahal parin mgpunta sa mga lugar na yan.

Offline audioski

Sisiman Bay in Bataan is quite nice. There used to be an old lighthouse there. And there's a beach, although a bit rocky.

My Board

Re: Forgotten Landscapes: for those that seek the road less travelled
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 12:56:51 PM »

Offline rye

Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 02:54:31 PM
if i have more to spend, id take time to visit this places....
only have 1 lifetime better enjoy it....

Offline razorsharp

• Certified Member 2
  • moments of intimacy, laughter and kinship
    • Capricorn
iceland - population 321,000.

poocha population lang yan ng dalawang barangay sa maynila a.

M.I.L.K. is an epic photographic celebration of what it is to be part of a family, share the gift of friendship and more than anything else, to be loved. Inspired by the 1950s landmark photographic exhibition "The Family of Man", M.I.L.K. began as a worldwide search to develop a collection of extraordinary and geographically diverse images portraying humanity’s "Moments of Intimacy, Laughter and Kinship" (M.I.L.K.). This search took the form of a global photographic competition in 1999.

My Board

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2015, 03:00:00 AM »

Offline Heathcliff

• Super Moderator
  • Certified Member 4
  • ~Venus Praetorian~
    • POTW1
    • PTFM

Beachsites... I can say Croatia isnt at all popular.. But the beaches are really one of the most beautiful places in adriactic area...

Portofino, Sardinia...and those smaller islands near Sicily.. Or Capri... Very nice places also.

But if you're lookin for a cozy mountain hideout... Umbria/ Tuscany area is great... Though i can say... Maganda rin ang countryside sa  Romania and Poland... If you will travel by car or train... Matagal lang but sure thing you will enjoy the sites...

~  Amor Gignit Amorem. ~

Offline Cathrina

• Venus
  • Certified Member 4
  • ~Venus twinkle~
    • PTFM
    • Libra
I heard Iceland is a beautiful place but I kinda wonder why the call it Iceland if it is green and grassy opposite to greenland the icy and cold  :think:..

Offline caligula

• Elite Certified Member
  • Certified Member 1
It's due to publicity and bad advertisement.  One viking discovered Iceland and found it to be so beautiful he came up with a bullshit name Iceland to discourage other settlers from coming over. Gusto nya sila lang ang titira doon. Opposite naman ang sa Greenland, another badass viking was vanished to the island and when he came back, he promoted it be a paradise and grassy when it fact it's so freaking cold, just to get the dumb citizens to migrate there. That's how it ended up with Greenland.  As you can see, hindi lang tayo ang marunong mangloko.

My Board

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2015, 07:44:02 PM »

* PT Social Groups

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal