• killeryeas: Allysa
    April 26, 2024, 03:51:03 AM
  • rheedan22: my wife gone wild 1
    April 26, 2024, 10:38:53 PM
  • mrgarlic15: Pamangkin
    April 27, 2024, 03:19:05 PM
  • expertise101: Bat parang d ako makapass
    April 28, 2024, 02:59:10 AM
  • expertise101: Nawala ba tambayan lately?
    April 28, 2024, 02:59:35 AM
  • stkushinta: Troy
    April 29, 2024, 09:12:25 PM
  • hurricane007: Carnal
    May 03, 2024, 04:15:19 PM
  • tasyo69: yown!
    May 03, 2024, 04:19:27 PM
  • tasyo69: kala ko nagoffline na rin to
    May 03, 2024, 04:19:34 PM
  • krisnino85: Ang usapan
    May 03, 2024, 07:54:49 PM
  • ahw..: tagalog
    May 04, 2024, 06:07:46 PM

Even Cory doubted Noynoy's political power, claims Wikileaks

Offline allyouwant

Even the late President Corazon Aquino admitted that her son, President Benigno Aquino III, is not a "natural politician," a U.S. diplomatic cable sent before the 2010 elections showed.

Mrs. Aquino herself shared doubts about her son's political career with former U.S. Ambassador Kristie Kenney, the diplomat claimed in a secret message that has since been declassified and published in WikiLeaks.

The cable was sent to inform Washington of Aquino's expected bid for the presidency, after his fellow Sen. Mar Roxas said he is passing on to Aquino the Liberal Party standard.

"[M]ost political observers, including his late mother, agree that he is not a natural politician, lacking the charisma and aggressive political agenda that usually propels political candidates," Kenney said in the cable.

The U.S. diplomat further said Cory told her that "it had taken a massive effort by the entire Aquino clan... to get Noynoy elected to the Senate."

Mrs. Aquino reportedly said they had to rely on the popularity of her youngest daugther, actress Kris, her husband basketball star James Yap, as well as her own political pull.

Aquino, who has then served out his three terms as Tarlac second district representative, ranked sixth in the 2007 senatorial race with more than 14.3 million votes.

Meanwhile, Kenney described the President's record as a legislator "lackluster." "He has not played a leading role in the House or Senate, and his views on many controversial issues remain unknown," Kenney said.

She noted, however, that the U.S. Embassy is "not aware of any corruption allegations against [Aquino]" and that his "uncontroversial nature" is seen to boost his image as "clean".

The U.S. diplomat also compared Aquino's foray into presidential politics to that of his mother's, who had been catapulted into the presidency by the assassination of her husband, Sen. Benigno Aquino, Jr.

"Just as the 1983 assassination of Senator Ninoy Aquino propelled his wife, Cory, into presidential politics, so too her death has unexpectedly transformed the political landscape, launching her son on a quest for the presidency," Kenney said.

But the public clamor for Aquino to seek the top government position, Kenney addmitted, showed how Filipinos hoped to see change after the controversies which hounded the Arroyo administration.

"At the very least, Aquino's rapid ascent to the front ranks of presidential contenders illustrates the deep revulsion at all levels of Philippine society with the widespread corruption and influence peddling that has characterized Philippine politics in recent years," the diplomat said.
Malacanang has earlier noted that it will not comment on issues resurfaced by secret diplomatic cables bared by WikiLeaks.
Related slideshow: Aquino welcomes Brunei Sultan in PH

My Board

Even Cory doubted Noynoy's political power, claims Wikileaks
« on: April 17, 2013, 09:41:05 PM »

Offline Prime™

• Optimus Princeps
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified Member 2
  • The One-eyed King
    • PTFM
    • Scorpio
Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 04:22:11 AM
Interesting. I'm not too surprised about him, I am more suprised that Cory chose to talk about him in this regard.
~ Insert witty quote here ~

Offline Dimmu Borgir

• Certified Member 2
  • Cut My Wrists And Hope To Die.....
    • PTFM
Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 10:06:04 AM
Anyone from our leaders today can run a country..

But it's very difficult to find a honest leader in them...
Ghost Reporting...

My Board

Re: Even Cory doubted Noynoy's political power, claims Wikileaks
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 10:06:04 AM »

Offline ¿m☺ÿ

• Elite Certified Member
  • Certified Member 4
  • If you want to be my friend, i'm just 1 PM away.
    • POTW
    • PTFM
    • Sagittarius
Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 02:22:53 PM
i strongly agree....

Offline amy2004

Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 08:02:02 PM
Interesting. I'm not too surprised about him, I am more suprised that Cory chose to talk about him in this regard.

Madam Cory is confiding with a fellow mother! Knowing her to be very honest she only talk what she feels about the political career against the personal characteristics of her son. Ambassador Kenney being regarded as a friend could had a very difficult  time composing her report. But knowing the importance of our country in securing the interest of USA may it be military, economic and their war on terror, it's impossible not to inform her superiors in Washington, and Amb. Kenney is right ended Noy Noy become the president and I'm sure the American GOP knows already how to deal with our President.
Maybe what the good Ambassador forget to inform Washington was that Roxas will not become the next VP but instead a popular, feisty, Rambutito took the VP slot.

My Board

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2013, 08:02:02 PM »

Offline xxxchoholic Rai ♥

• Not A Princess But The Queen Herself
  • Yamato Nadeshiko
    • POTW2
    • PTFM
    • Aquarius
Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 12:15:22 PM
i too still have doubts about him,

i don't think he is doing things well right now
Do not fall in love with people like me.
I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible. And when I leave, you will finally understand, why storms are named after people

Offline Dimmu Borgir

• Certified Member 2
  • Cut My Wrists And Hope To Die.....
    • PTFM
Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 05:49:34 PM
Then who do you think is the best candidate in last Presidential election?

i too still have doubts about him,

i don't think he is doing things well right now
Ghost Reporting...

Offline Prime™

• Optimus Princeps
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified Member 2
  • The One-eyed King
    • PTFM
    • Scorpio
Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 10:21:35 AM
Madam Cory is confiding with a fellow mother! Knowing her to be very honest she only talk what she feels about the political career against the personal characteristics of her son. Ambassador Kenney being regarded as a friend could had a very difficult  time composing her report. But knowing the importance of our country in securing the interest of USA may it be military, economic and their war on terror, it's impossible not to inform her superiors in Washington, and Amb. Kenney is right ended Noy Noy become the president and I'm sure the American GOP knows already how to deal with our President.
Maybe what the good Ambassador forget to inform Washington was that Roxas will not become the next VP but instead a popular, feisty, Rambutito took the VP slot.

Hmm.. came across to me that she just admitted to a foreign dignitary that her son is a moron.

But I may have gotten that wrong.

~ Insert witty quote here ~

Offline heyo_pineapple

Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 10:24:19 AM
Anyone from our leaders today can run a country..

But it's very difficult to find a honest leader in them...

Okay so honest nga si pnoy, pero did it do us any good? Puro paninisi lang sa past administration ang pinagsasabi niya. Yung political ad ng team pnoy kasama sa major accomplishment yung walang wang wang? Nakakatawa

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

My Board

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 10:24:19 AM »

* PT Social Groups

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal