• george.estreganjr: Wife gone wild
    May 14, 2024, 01:00:56 PM
  • bumblezoid: @NarutoUzumaki salamat sa invite chief
    May 14, 2024, 09:09:44 PM
  • HolyOrder: Tagalog
    May 15, 2024, 08:25:15 AM
  • xdadskie: Melissa
    May 15, 2024, 03:57:35 PM
  • uzumakinaruto19_90: Meron po ba dyan nung Ang Usapan ni Veehvoh?
    May 16, 2024, 07:49:50 AM
  • jexxzz: Hipag
    May 17, 2024, 04:36:13 AM
  • HolyOrder: Abi
    May 17, 2024, 08:13:42 AM

10 STDs and six Myths

Offline Denzx

on: February 14, 2014, 12:19:39 PM
MYTH: If I use birth control, I don’t need to worry about STDs–right?
FACT: Birth control methods, like the pill, patch, Depo, ring, and IUD, while very effective at preventing pregnancy, do NOT protect against sixually transmitted diseases (STDs), including HIV. Condoms are the only method of protection against BOTH STDs and pregnancy. For maximum protection, use both a birth control method, like the Pill or Depo, with condoms. To further reduce risk of getting or passing on an STD, discuss with a healthcare provider about getting tested for STDs, including HIV, before becoming intimate, and talk openly with your partner(s).

MYTH: Oral six and anal six are “safe” six–or not six at all.
FACT: Almost all STDs that can be passed on through unprotected vaginal six can also be passed on through unprotected oral and anal six. This includes genital herpes, genital warts (caused by HPV), gonorrhea, hepatitis B, chlamydia, syphilis, and HIV. The possibility of contracting an STD from oral six is generally less risky as compared to vaginal and anal six, although any unprotected six with someone who has HIV or an STD carries some risk. Unprotected anal six is riskier than oral or vaginal six. Male latex condoms, when used consistently and correctly–meaning EVERY time, and from start to finish–are highly effective in preventing the spread of HIV. They also reduce the risk of many other STDs.

MYTH: There’s a cure for HIV/AIDS.
FACT: There is no vaccine to prevent HIV nor is there a cure for those who are already infected. Although medication can help people with HIV infection live longer and healthier lives, these medicines do not cure HIV infection. Our best defense against HIV is prevention. Condoms are highly effective in preventing the spread of HIV through six. If you are HIV positive, it’s important to find out as soon as possible so you can discuss treatment options with a health care provider. To find a testing center near you, click here.

MYTH: Two condoms are better than one.
FACT: In this case two is not necessarily better than one. In short, one condom does the job. According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), condoms when used consistently and correctly are highly effective in preventing the sixual transmission of STDs, including HIV. Each latex condom manufactured in the U.S. is tested for holes before packaging. Before using a condom it’s still a good idea to inspect to check the expiration date and make sure there has been no damage. In most cases, when people using condoms get pregnant or infected with and STD, it’s NOT because the condom broke; it’s because they either did not use the condom correctly, or they did not use it the whole time they were having six.

MYTH: six in a hot tub / six standing up / jumping up and down /douching after six… will prevent STDs, including HIV, and/or pregnancy.
FACT: For those who are having six, the ONLY way to prevent the spread of STDs, including HIV, and pregnancy is to use a condom. None of the above will reduce risk of STD or pregnancy before or after six.

MYTH: STD testing is for cheaters & players.
FACT: Many people assume that they are not at risk for STDs, and that STDs affect only those who have a lot of partners. Anyone who has had unprotected six, regardless of the number of partners, is at risk for STDs, including HIV. In fact, STDs are very common. By age 25, it is estimated that one in two sixually experienced people will have an STD, and most of them won’t even know it because they show no symptoms. Some STDs are so common among teens and young adults that annual testing is recommended. For example, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) recommends that all sixually active young women should be tested every year for chlamydia. When left untreated chlamydia can leave women infertile (unable to have kids). You or your partner may have an STD and not know it. The only way to know is to G-Y-T – Get Yourself Tested.

MYTH: If he pulls out, I won’t get pregnant or an STD.
FACT: Withdrawal–or pulling out–is NOT an effective means of preventing HIV or other STDs. Based on typical use – that is, the experience of most who use it – withdrawal is significantly less effective at preventing pregnancy as compared to other methods, such as condoms, the Pill or shot. For those who are sixually active, the only option that protects against both pregnancy and STDs is condoms. For maximum protection, use both a birth control method, like the Pill or Depo, WITH condoms.

MYTH: If I get an STD, including HIV, there’s nothing I can do about it.
FACT: Many STDs are curable and most, including HIV, are treatable. The sooner you know if you have an STD, the sooner you can get treatment or take steps to prevent passing it on. There are different treatments for different STDs.

MYTH: If I needed to get tested for STDs, my doctor would test me.

FACT: Even though some STD testing may be recommended as part of routine medical care, many doctors may not offer HIV or STD testing unless you specifically ask to be tested. STDs often show no symptoms, so not even your health care provider can know for sure if you have an STD without testing you. Also, it’s important to know that a Pap test is not a test for STDs. If you are not comfortable talking with your regular health care provider about STDs or if you don’t have a regular health care provider, there are many clinics where you can get confidential and free or low-cost testing. To find an STD testing clinic near you, click here.

MYTH: You can tell by looking if you or someone else has an STD / I would know if I had an STD.
FACT: Many STDs, including HIV, often show no symptoms, so many people who have an STD do not know it.. In fact, 1 in 2 sixually active people will get an STD by age 25 and most won’t know it. You also can’t tell if someone else has an STD by looking. The only way to know for sure is to get yourself tested.

Some STDs are so common among teens and young adults that annual testing is recommended. For example, all sixually active young women should be tested every year for chlamydia, which silently affects millions of people, but can leave women infertile (unable to have kids). There are other common STDs for which doctors may not routinely test. Talk to your health care provider about what testing is right for you.

http://www.itsyoursixlife.com/gyt/top-10-most-outrageous-six-myths/

My Board

10 STDs and six Myths
« on: February 14, 2014, 12:19:39 PM »

Offline crashtest

Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 05:17:21 PM
here's one thing we need to avoid.
up for this.
thanks for sharing!
:)

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

Offline mrbiggy11

Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 01:32:33 AM
Good read kumpadre

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

My Board

Re: 10 STDs and six Myths
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 01:32:33 AM »

Offline aster

Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 03:59:54 PM
does anybody here knows an std doctor that does home check up? It's rather uncomfortable for me to be seen waiting for my turn in an std clinic...

Offline eric27

Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 05:34:21 PM
always check with your doctor for proper medication and treatment..

My Board

Re: 10 STDs and six Myths
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 05:34:21 PM »

* PT Social Groups

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal