March 27, 2024, 12:12:52 AM
  • bull28: Maybila
    March 28, 2024, 04:55:35 PM
  • bull28: Justin
    March 28, 2024, 04:58:34 PM

Flat earth theory (?)

Offline LionHart

on: October 23, 2016, 07:49:02 PM

Rapper B.o.B. declared to his millions of Twitter followers that, despite everything they’ve been led to believe their entire lives, the earth is flat. And the weirdest part isn’t just that he believes the earth is flat, but that he’s not even remotely alone.

There’s an entire Flat Earth Society that is 200 members strong and, purportedly, not a joke. In an interview with Live Science, the group’s vice president explained:

The question of belief and sincerity is one that comes up a lot. If I had to guess, I would probably say that at least some of our members see the Flat Earth Society and Flat Earth Theory as a kind of epistemological exercise, whether as a critique of the scientific method or as a kind of ‘solipsism for beginners.’ There are also probably some who thought the certificate would be kind of funny to have on their wall. That being said, I know many members personally, and I am fully convinced of their belief.

"The question of belief and sincerity is one that comes up a lot. If I had to guess, I would probably say that at least some of our members see the Flat Earth Society and Flat Earth Theory as a kind of epistemological exercise, whether as a critique of the scientific method or as a kind of ‘solipsism for beginners.’ There are also probably some who thought the certificate would be kind of funny to have on their wall. That being said, I know many members personally, and I am fully convinced of their belief.

My own convictions are a result of philosophical introspection and a considerable body of data that I have personally observed, and which I am still compiling."

There are many (many) YouTube videos ready to open your eyes to the Truth, each of them special in their own way. This one I particularly like for its use of clip art and incorrect arithmetic:

https://youtu.be/T8-YdgU-CF4

Basically, the earth is a flat disc protected by an invisible barrier called “the firmament,” a dome-like feature that also happens to be referenced in the Old Testament so you know it’s real. Copernicus, of course, falled everything up by introducing his theory of heliocentrism. Flat Earthers acknowledge that while Copernicus’s math was right, he lacked the technology necessary to definitively prove his theory. Still, the idea took hold, governments started preaching it, and a centuries-long lie was born.

Makes you think.

Then as soon as Russia and U.S. managed to get rockets in the sky, they realized their error and quickly set about protecting the shameful secret at all costs. The Antarctic Treaty went into place in 1961, making it in “off-limits” to any wandering eyes.

It’s worth noting here that there’s also something called the “ice wall,” which is the towering expanse of maybe absolute zero, pitch black ice barriers at the edge of Antartica that may or may not go on forever and that no human could ever possibly explore.

Perhaps this will help explain:

Or not! Either way, that’s a story for another day.

So, to keep their incredible secret, NASA began faking all sorts of photo and video “evidence”: space launches, moon landings, Shuttle journeys—you name it. Its physicists and astronauts were sworn to secrecy!?

The villains in this tale are, of course, NASA and the U.S. government as a whole. NASA has been going to incredible lengths to fool the world about not only the moon landing (an obvious forgery) but about everything we thought we knew about our very planet itself. GPS readings? Faked. Photos and videos from space? Faked. Lunar eclipses? An invisible “anti-moon” that occasionally obscures our also-flat moon.

But why would NASA do so much work to keep the truth hidden from the masses? Money, of course. It’s a hell of a lot cheaper to keep a global charade going than it is to actually do all of the impossible projects that NASA claims to be working on. That money, in turn, gets funneled back to the government.

NASA made its first huge mistake when it hired contract artist Matthew Boylan and decided to let him on the shocking truth.

Boylan asserts that a large part of the reason the lie has gone on for so long is sheer hubris. In an interview titled “NASA Insider Exposes the Flat Earth!”, Boylan explains that “if I tell you [the shape of the Earth] is a certain thing, without having an instrument to prove it for over 1,000 years... if you’re wrong, are you going to tell everybody?”

What’s more, the extra land that comes along with a flat earth means more natural resources. And if word got out about the secret store of oil hiding at the edge of the Earth, any remaining notion of scarcity would be shattered.

Still, some questions remain. What about seasons, you might ask. To which a Flat Earther might say, Well what about this.

Or put another way:

Gravity is something that might also have thrown a wrench in the Flat Earther’s personal Truth—if it weren’t for something called universal acceleration, that is. You see, the world is constantly accelerating upwards, forcing everything else “down.” From the Flat Earth Wiki:

"According to Flat Earth Theory, gravity does not exist. Instead, there is a force that produces identical effects as observed from the surface of the earth. This force is known as “Universal Acceleration” (abbreviated as UA)."

"Objects on the earth’s surface have weight because all sufficiently massive celestial bodies are accelerating upward at the rate of 9.8 m/s^2. The mass of the earth is thought to shield the objects atop it from the direct force of UA. Alternatively, it is possible that the force of UA can actually pass through objects, but its effect on smaller bodies is negligible (similar to gravity in RET cosmology, which only has a noticeable affect on very large objects)."

None of the answers, of course, ever actually answer your question entirely, and more often than not they just open up a whole host of other questions. But such is the cost of finally waking from your conformist slumber.

Welcome to the world of Truth, friends and also B.o.B. And remember, just because the Earth is flat doesn’t mean you shouldn’t still watch out for the chemtrails.

Credits: Ashley Feinberg
Source: http://blackbag.gawker.com/the-earth-is-flat-explained-1755002534

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

".. either you die a hero, or live long enough to be the villan."

Offline naruto789544

Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 10:44:03 PM
it's like i'm back at the middle ages... kinda interesting though, particularly the hoax regarding the moon landing...

Offline jiren

Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 11:55:33 PM
natawa ako dun sa ice wall barrier/pitch black that no human can survive. sa panahon ngayon nasukat na yung pinaka malalim na karagatan. yun pa kayang sinasabi nilang edge :D tho circle pa din naman ang earth no? and the sun rotates around the flat circle earth hahaha

Offline dk

Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 11:26:10 AM
Flat earth theory is a big joke. Nagulat ako at may pumapatol pa jan hanggang ngayon.

Offline ukurutsu

Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 07:29:30 PM
pag nakita mo yung flat earth theory at nabasa mo yung mga explanations mapapaisip ka rin pero sa huli non sense pa rin kasi wala silang concrete evidence puro theory at sariling opinyon lang

* PT Social Groups

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal