• etopak_tukmol: Mang dencio
    April 22, 2024, 07:49:29 AM
  • Itaplenga: Ang usapan
    April 22, 2024, 08:46:16 PM
  • ahw..: tagalog
    April 23, 2024, 02:02:52 PM
  • killeryeas: Allysa
    Today at 03:51:03 AM

Would religion be a factor in a relationship?

Offline arthas™

• Global Moderator
  • Certified Member 3
  • Ready to comply
on: July 30, 2015, 02:35:30 AM
This is a common topic about lovers with different religion. Would that affect your feelings with him/her? This comes up especially when it comes to marriage. One of you would convert or you can remain on your religion if it would be a civil wedding. The challenge here is when you have your kids and it depends on how you and your wife discuss on what religion would your kids take side. Your thoughts count.  :book1:

My Board

Would religion be a factor in a relationship?
« on: July 30, 2015, 02:35:30 AM »

Online chazer

Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 09:23:46 AM
fortunately for me, i married my partner of the same religion.

but in the old times, a man cannot marry a woman from another religion.

today, we hear stories of man from another religion marry a woman different from his religion.

Offline Heathcliff

• Super Moderator
  • Certified Member 4
  • ~Venus Praetorian~
    • POTW1
    • PTFM
Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 11:38:01 AM

Hindi naman religion nagdidikta ng pagmamahal kundi puso diba? And I believe sa bawat relationship lalo at humantong na sa pangmatagalang pagsasama. . May compromise yan. And any differences regarding culture or religion can be settled. 

Most religious sects impose  very rigid and strict rules regarding courtship and dating. Ipinagbabawal ang 'makipamatok ' sa hindi ka panampalataya.  And if you are planning to court someone na alam mong member ng isang istriktong organisasyon,  mahirap yan. I've seen couples drift away dahil lang sa religion. And those ones na nag convert dahil lang sa relationship,  sad to say. . Most of them were unhappy. .sa una naging madali sa kanila but as the relationship progressed lumabas na ang mga differences.

But I had a friend and she's an active member of Jehova's Witnesses.  A dedicated pioneer , though she manifests her steadfast faith still, dahil hindi perpekto she fell in love with a guy from another religion.  And their bond was too strong,  na bypass ng puso ang prinsipyo ng doktrina. .. theirs was a relationship kept secret from everyone. (Including me , we're best friends )

She sinned.  Bypassed all the rules because she fell in love. All the brethren had an idea about it. Actually my friend already suspects that she will be expelled from the Church, But what she did really surprised everyone. It was sunday ,   (she invited me) nagtataka ako kase she made me come over to her apartment the previous night just to make sure a attend ako. And when we were seated sa church,  she kept on holding on to my hands  ( her bf was also invited and she held his hands too...) after the preaching, by the way the gospel was about A King who had a wife named Jezebel and she's an unbeliever.

My friend raised her hands. Walked up the church aisle and spoke. She apologized, she admitted that what she did was wrong. She's pregnant and she's getting married.

My best friend and her fiancé got married had two wonderful boys, the guy remained a Catholic and my best friend still frequents her church. Though she lost her pioneer preacher status, she remained steadfast and faithful as ever to her beliefs,  she preaches every now and then depende kung may extra time sya... and every time she visits me together with her kids and hubby...all I can see is one perfect example. ..that if two people really love each other. ..with an open minded acceptance,  mutual respect and compromise..there exists no boundaries.

~  Amor Gignit Amorem. ~

My Board

Re: Would religion be a factor in a relationship?
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 11:38:01 AM »

Offline naruto789544

Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 01:20:46 AM
religion shouldn't be a barrier when it comes to having a relationship... if you love one another, then your differences when it comes to your religion should be respected by each one... however, the sad reality is that eventually there will come a time when matters pertaining to each beliefs will come... and this is where respect and love should be first and foremost to survive this differences...

Offline ULTRAMANyak

Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 04:03:06 PM
Would that affect your feelings with him/her?

Yes it would.. but it also depends kung ano ang mas matimbang kay kapartner. Ano ba mas importante sa kanya, ang religion nya o ang relationship namin? kasi in reality naman kasi e nagiging barrier talaga ang relihiyon sa relationship minsan. So it really depends.

My Board

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2015, 04:03:06 PM »

Offline Troll Montero

• Elite Certified Member
  • Certified Member 2
  • Hello
Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 07:02:25 PM
yes it is! tulad nang muslim ang catholic hindi sila puede maging mag asawa lalo na kung ang babae ang muslim, may ibang nanaig pero karamihan ay sawi..
O... Ohhhhh... Ohhhhhhhhhh....

Offline jamesbond

Reply #6 on: August 20, 2015, 07:25:34 PM
:-\ sa aking pagkakabasa  sa tanong sa itaas, malinaw naman "factor"... my answer would be a "yes".... both having same religion is one good thing to have, madali magkaintindihan in the sense that kung katoliko syempre pwede ang dinuguan na ulam sa hapag kainan, so kung magkaiba ng relihiyon like INC yung isa eh bawas na sa menu ang dinuguan, kung sabadista naman ang isa syempre di pwede ang baboy na ulam, yang mga ganyan.... sa pagpili ng makakarelasyon naman, i don't think having belonged to different religions would affect the natural course of the relationship, nasa pagtanggap na lang ng kani-kanilang pamilya ang makakaapekto dyan... baka may kokontra syempre, natural yan.... papasok na diyan ang hihikayatin ang isa to join the other... mas okay syempre kung pareho ng religion para hindi na kailangan mag-adjust ang isa, if and when magkaiba syempre BIG adjustment yan hindi lang sa better half kundi maging sa pamilya ni better half and vice versa na din.... adjustment and respect will set in if and when both parties belonged to different religions.... 

Offline Itachi101

• Certified Member 2
  • The Apple Of My Eye...............................
    • Gemini
Reply #7 on: August 21, 2015, 12:58:17 AM
may factor yan for sure
pero mayron din naman na wala
tinanong ko yan sa mga same six married couples na
mga kilala ko pinagtawanan lang ako
natawa din tuloy di hawak na maliit na bagay lang religion na iyan

Offline bigstick

• Reading Fashion Magazines will make you feel ugly
Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 08:16:55 PM
Based from the Topic question, i believe religion will always be a factor in a relationship but it should not be a hindrance in expressing your love for another.
meron bang religion na hindi tinuturo ang pagmamahal? ???
Cum! Unleash the Bigstick!

Offline ULTRAMANyak

Reply #9 on: October 06, 2015, 03:57:08 PM
This is a common topic about lovers with different religion. Would that affect your feelings with him/her? This comes up especially when it comes to marriage. One of you would convert or you can remain on your religion if it would be a civil wedding. The challenge here is when you have your kids and it depends on how you and your wife discuss on what religion would your kids take side. Your thoughts count.  :book1:

Personally, it doesn't really matter for me what kind of religion my partner has, as long as she respects my views at hindi nya ako pipiliting sumama sa pagsimba. To each his own, kumbaga.

Offline Dimmu Borgir

• Certified Member 2
  • Cut My Wrists And Hope To Die.....
    • PTFM
Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 04:30:40 PM
Meron, the religion of war. According to Baghdadi, a true Islam is a religion of war. And it is an obligation of every muslim to kill those non believers... 

Based from the Topic question, i believe religion will always be a factor in a relationship but it should not be a hindrance in expressing your love for another.
meron bang religion na hindi tinuturo ang pagmamahal? ???
Ghost Reporting...

Offline Prime™

• Optimus Princeps
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified Member 2
  • The One-eyed King
    • PTFM
    • Scorpio
Reply #11 on: October 30, 2015, 11:57:34 AM
^ wow, that has got to be one of the most asinine things you said Dimmu. Way to go.

Us Christians are so darn peaceful no? Witch trials, Inquisitions, persecution of Jews etc. Ring a bell?

How about the Jews, care to read the Talmud and its teachings towards Gentiles such as yourself? Right. Easy with your generalizations.

On topic:
It shouldn't be an issue. At least not to me. Pero if it's an issue for the girl, then it is an issue. I'm not about to convert for a girl, she should respect mine as I respect hers. Religions should be off limits, we all have our own truths. Some people believe in a different deity or even sets of deities, some people don't believe at all. We all have different life experiences, and I have come to accept that. I cannot say I know everything, after all I'm just a crafty ape aren't I? But then again all of us are, so why should I bother with others beliefs, as long as they are not causing anyone harm, go for it. Whatever rocks your boat.

Heck, even Hubbard has a lot of following.
~ Insert witty quote here ~

Offline Dimmu Borgir

• Certified Member 2
  • Cut My Wrists And Hope To Die.....
    • PTFM
Reply #12 on: October 30, 2015, 02:31:32 PM
Your comparison is like comparing an apple to banana..

While it is true that the teachings of Talmud exist, the Jews are not interested or have little interest in adhering it..

Compare it to Islam, terrorism around the world is happening everyday supported by millions of fellow Muslim in terms of logistics, manpower, financial, etc...

But terrorism is not exclusive for Muslims because there are several groups also who is non Muslim who are doing it. Take for example the LRA of Joseph Kony who is a Christian group and yet slaughtering thousands of innocent people..

The Nazi also, for its part, slaughtered millions of Jews during world war 2 and even the Japanese..

But they have big difference..  the LRA is just isolated group and exist only because of Joseph Kony.. while the mass persecution of Jews happened in World War 2 and suddenly decline until now..

But how about Muslims? Muslim continue to create terror around the world. One needs only to open the newspaper or turn on the computer to see the terror in India, Sudan, Indonesia, England, Holland, Israel, America, Philippines, Australia, Libya, Nigeria and the list goes on. Their goal: to establish a worldwide Islamic Empire or Khilafat. It is reminiscent of Nazi Germany as Hitler’s goal was to become the world’s ruler.

And how many Muslim terrorists around the world?  How many Muslims supporting terrorism? And how many groups are there to attain this goal? This is global phenomenon, a jihad pushing by millions of Muslim around the world.

And this threat is growing everyday.. And almost every country around the world are affected by it..

^ wow, that has got to be one of the most asinine things you said Dimmu. Way to go.

Us Christians are so darn peaceful no? Witch trials, Inquisitions, persecution of Jews etc. Ring a bell?

How about the Jews, care to read the Talmud and its teachings towards Gentiles such as yourself? Right. Easy with your generalizations.

On topic:
It shouldn't be an issue. At least not to me. Pero if it's an issue for the girl, then it is an issue. I'm not about to convert for a girl, she should respect mine as I respect hers. Religions should be off limits, we all have our own truths. Some people believe in a different deity or even sets of deities, some people don't believe at all. We all have different life experiences, and I have come to accept that. I cannot say I know everything, after all I'm just a crafty ape aren't I? But then again all of us are, so why should I bother with others beliefs, as long as they are not causing anyone harm, go for it. Whatever rocks your boat.

Heck, even Hubbard has a lot of following.
Ghost Reporting...

Offline dragyron

Reply #13 on: January 11, 2016, 01:31:43 AM
Para sa akin, yes talaga. I'm a gnostic (not agnostic) athiest, and being in the Christianity whirlpool that is the Philippines, it's very hard to find anyone, what more a beautiful girl, who will accept me and my views.

Offline therasmus

Reply #14 on: February 11, 2016, 03:56:26 PM
Sabi pa nga sa "Bible".. Lahat ng babae eh dapat nagpapailalim/magpasakop sa lalaki. So, just in-case lang naman, dapat irespeto ng babae kung ano ang gusto ng lalaki, kase I blebless ang family nila pag ganun.

My Board

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2016, 03:56:26 PM »

* PT Social Groups

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal