• killeryeas: Allysa
    April 26, 2024, 03:51:03 AM
  • rheedan22: my wife gone wild 1
    April 26, 2024, 10:38:53 PM
  • mrgarlic15: Pamangkin
    April 27, 2024, 03:19:05 PM
  • expertise101: Bat parang d ako makapass
    April 28, 2024, 02:59:10 AM
  • expertise101: Nawala ba tambayan lately?
    April 28, 2024, 02:59:35 AM
  • stkushinta: Troy
    April 29, 2024, 09:12:25 PM
  • hurricane007: Carnal
    May 03, 2024, 04:15:19 PM
  • tasyo69: yown!
    May 03, 2024, 04:19:27 PM
  • tasyo69: kala ko nagoffline na rin to
    May 03, 2024, 04:19:34 PM
  • krisnino85: Ang usapan
    May 03, 2024, 07:54:49 PM
  • ahw..: tagalog
    May 04, 2024, 06:07:46 PM
  • balite: kahera
    May 05, 2024, 03:55:58 PM
  • bull28: Miyagi
    May 05, 2024, 06:37:39 PM

PBA Scores, News and Updates

Zurca · 587 · 114315

Poll

Your favorite team in PBA?

Rain or Shine
0 (0%)
Globalport
0 (0%)
San Miguel
2 (8%)
Ginebra
11 (44%)
Air21
0 (0%)
Talk N Text
0 (0%)
Meralco
0 (0%)
San Mig Coffee
11 (44%)
Alasko
1 (4%)
Barako Bull
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Offline Zurca

Reply #585 on: October 04, 2015, 08:53:30 AM
Glenn Capacio files complaint vs Mahindra management for failure to honor his coaching contract

Glenn Capacio has now brought to the courts his battle with his former team, Kia (now known as Mahindra Enforcers), over its alleged failure to honor contract obligations to him and some players and members of the coaching staff.

In a press conference held at Shakey’s Edsa, Capacio, who was with the other members of the coaching staff and players like Alex Nuyles and JR Buensuceso, shared his frustration on the treatment they have received from the team.

It can be remembered that after he coached Kia in its maiden conference, Capacio was suddenly removed from the team in the Commissioner’s Cup, being replaced by Chito Victolero.

“May 19 months pa ako sa contract, tapos mag-o-offer ka ng three months. Parang sampal naman sa akin yun,” Capacio told a small group of sportswriters.

Capacio, who was accompanied by his lawyer, Atty. Edward Lim, disclosed that they’ve already filed a case against Kia management before the Department of Labor and Employment.

“Iba-iba sinasabi”

Capacio, who played 14 years in the PBA and had been an interim coach at GlobalPort, recounted how the contract he signed with Kia was suddenly not recognized by the team.

“Unang-una sa lahat, may existing contract ako sa GlobalPort nung na-hire nila (Kia). Kinausap ako kung puwede ako sa Kia, si Boss Manny (Pacquiao) mismo ang kumausap sa akin. Ganun ang nangyari. Syempre magandang opportunity ito para sa akin,” Capacio said.

“Assistant coach on paper pero parang head coach, malaking challenge. Syempre hindi biru-biro, under contract ako sa GlobalPort, nakipagusap ako. Kasi may ilang years rin ako sa GlobalPort. Amateur days, tapos nung nag-pro sila. Matagal ako doon. Hindi biru-biro yung umalis lang ako. Nagpaalam ako kay Mr. (Mikee) Romero (of GlobalPort).

“Then later on, naiiba na yung kung ano yung napagusapan namin sa Kia. Hindi na nasusunod. Tatlong grupo sila eh, hindi ko alam kung kanino ako maniniwala. Sa manager namin (Eric Pineda), iba sinasabi. Tapos kay Mr. Santos (team executive) gusto niya paano iha-handle yung team kasi nga bata paano patatakbuhin. Nagustuhan niya yung gusto kong mangyari.”

Capacio said he sought a meeting with Pacquiao, the team’s playing-coach, to talk about the confusion but was told to wait either before or after the eight-division world champion’s birthday.

To Capacio’s surprise, that meeting with Pacquiao never happened and the former was suspecting that Pineda’s group was trying to avoid such discussion to happen.

“Naguguluhan ako dahil iba yung sinasabi ng manager namin tsaka sa sinasabi ni Mr. Santos. Iba rin yung sinasabi ni Mr. (Demosthenes) Rosales (Kia executive). Yung kay Mr. Pineda hindi namin alam kung sa kanya or kay Coach Manny. Naguguluhan kami pati na sa ibang grupo na nakapaligid. Naguguluhan kami kung anong gusto nila,” said Capacio.

“Dumating sa point na dahil naguguluhan ako sa role ko, gusto naming kausapin si Coach Manny before pa mag-end yung conference (Philippine Cup). Sinabi ko kay Boss Manny baka pwede siya makausap then ang sabi niya before or after ng birthday niya kung saan may time siya.

“Ang hindi ko alam, bakit hindi namin siya makausap. Hindi ko alam para bang ayaw nilang makausap ko si Manny. Hindi ko alam bakit ayaw nila. Baka natatakot sila siguro baka may sabihin kami tungkol sa pagpapatakbo ng team. Naguguluhan ako bakit ayaw nila Mr. Pineda, Jo Ramos, na ipakausap sa akin si Boss Manny,” added Capacio.

Instead of having a meeting with Pacquiao, Capacio was reached out by Pineda and Ramos.

“Ang nangyari dahil hindi nga kami nagkakausap, nagpatawag sila ng meeting, December 11 yun, thru text, sabi ko hindi ako makaka-attend, kasi gusto ko munang makausap si Boss Manny, bilang head coach, respeto sa kanya, gusto kong kausapin kasi naguguluhan ako sa role ko. Gusto kong malaman ano ba talagang kalagayan ko sa Kia. Walang nangyari doon sa December 11,” said Capacio.

A few days later, Pineda’s group asked for another meeting and Capacio and assistant coach Luis Gonzales went to Kia’s office in the hope of threshing out the mess, according to Capacio.

“Nagpatawag ulit sila ng meeting, December 16. Nagpunta kami sa office, 10 a.m. daw yung meeting, andun na kami ng 9:30 a.m. Naghintay kami, walang dumating. Dumating ng 12 noon si Jo Ramos, sabi ko sino ka-meeting natin. Sabi niya sila lang dalawa (ni Eric Pineda). Sabi ko kung kayong dalawa lang hindi ako makikipag-meet sa inyo.

“Kung mayroong taga-Kia, makikipag-meeting ako sa inyo. So walang nangyari doon. So naghintay kami, ang gusto namin may makausap kaming taga Kia. Naghintay kami kay Ma’am Ginnia (Domingo) sa office. Hindi ko rin alam bakit si Ma’am Ginnia hindi kami kinausap,” added Capacio.

Termination memo

Curiously, it was also on the same day that a memo was served to them for failure to attend a dinner meeting set by Governor Pepito Alvarez, one of the backers of Kia.

In the years he had been in the PBA, Capacio said he has never heard of a coach being terminated because of his failure to attend a mere a dinner or for just requesting a company official to talk to players.

A memo was given to Capacio on January 31, that stated his termination and reasons for his sacking:

- Refusal to attend the dinner meeting called by Governor Jose Alvarez on October 31, 2014 at the Manila Golf Club.

- Refusal to attend the meeting called by team manager Enrico Pineda on December 11, 2014 at the Kia office.

- Proceeding directly to Mr. Demosthenes Rosales on November 12, 2014 to present his concerns and bypassing team manager Enrico Pineda

- Giving to media the line up of Kia as pertains to the article wrote by Quinito Henson regarding his intention of bringing in a big import in the mold of Iran center Hamed Haddadi.

Capacio and Gonzales defended themselves against the memo.

“Yung unang memo, yung hindi kami naka-attend sa dinner na pinatawag ni Governor Pepito Alvarez, pero we were scouting sa game ng GlobalPort kasi kalaban namin sila the next game. Feeling namin kaya naming makapag-compete sa GlobalPort pero kailangan naming mag-scout,” said Gonzales.

“Yung kay Mr. Rosales naman kaya kami lumapit kasi nga medyo masama na yung takbio ng team. Bilang tumatayong head coach, sinabi ko kay Coach Louie (Gonzales), my assistant coach, baka puwede siyang may makausap na taga Kia para i-lift lang yung kumpiyansa ng team, para lang may pumansin sa amin,” added Capacio.

Capacio was also surprised that he was given a memo because of his intention to bring in a big import, one which he divulged to media during a post-game interview.

Capacio already to then PBA commissioner Chito Salud, but was told that contract disputes against coaches are not under the jurisdiction of the league unlike the players where there’s a UPC (Union Players’ Contract).

Capacio intends to bring the matter to new PBA commissioner Chito Narvasa, a former coach and ex-president of the Basketball Coaches Association of the Philippines.

Pineda nor anyone from the Mahindra management haven’t released a statement explaining their side about the matter.

From InterAksyon

My Board

Re: PBA Scores, News and Updates
« Reply #585 on: October 04, 2015, 08:53:30 AM »

Offline Zurca

Reply #586 on: October 07, 2015, 04:29:21 PM
TRICK OR TREAT | Mahindra players open up about misleading promises, disorganization within team

The Mahindra Enforcers may have begun to settle the contract disputes that have had them all over the headlines in the past several days but not before their players were able to disclose details about their plight with one of the PBA’s newest franchises.

Alex Nuyles, Hans Thiele, JR Buensuceso, Mike Burtscher and former coach Glenn Capacio all revealed stories of empty promises, tricky negotiation tactics, and misleading communication from inside what they perceived to be a disorganized organization.

Nuyles and Thiele both shared how they were convinced to sign contracts with terms that changed from what they were led to believe.

With the former Adamson Falcon’s contract set to expire last August, Nuyles signed a one-year contract extension but was surprised to learn that his contract was deemed invalid – and only because he question why he didn’t receive his salary as expected.

“Nag-end na yung contract ko sa kanila ngayong August, pero pinapirma nila ako July 29,” Nuyles told sportswriters. “Nagulat ako invalid daw. Nung nag-tanong ako ng September 15 kung bakit wala akong sahod, bigla nilang sinabi not valid daw yung contract.”

He was also frustrated due to the terms of his deal turning less and less favorable despite the team proclaiming its commitment to him.

“Una, sinasabi nila three years daw, tapos biglang naging two years, biglang naging one year. Tapos lately, sinasabi nila hindi ako fit sa system. Eh samantalang kelan lang sinasabi nila sa akin ako daw ang gagawin nilang core ng team nila. Biglang nagulat ako nung September 15, hindi na daw ako fit,” Nuyles said.

He said he was informed by team manager Eric Pineda to expect a dip in salary.

“Ibababa na naman daw yung salary ko hindi raw sila approve doon sa ibinibigay sa akin,” added Nuyles, recounting what the team exec told him.

The late timing of the contract troubles also left him in limbo with no leverage to find another team to potentially transfer to.

“Paano pa ako makakahanap ng team yung manager ko para sa akin, wala nang malilipatan. For me, walang protection. Basta mo na lang kaming ilalaglag,” he said.

Thiele, too, said he was misled by management when he was convinced to sign for a lower salary with the club. He said that he was led to believe that the additional benefits – the free use of a condominium unit and a car – would have made up for much of the lost income.

“Magaling sila manloko like sa case ko. Nagpirma ako ng mas mababang kontrata kasi nakiusap sila wala daw budget, then my free naman daw use ng condo and car so inisip ko na lang hindi na masyado malayo yung diperensya kasi I was renting din naman so yun pumayag na ako so I signed the contract,” Thiele said.

It was only after he signed up for the team when he learned the exact details of the benefits he was set to receive.

“Pero yung trick pala doon, ihuhuli nila papa-sign yung sa condo and car so separate na pirmahan. So once nakapirma ka na ng contract, sunod na darating yung separate na contract ng condo, so doon na lalabas na hindi one year pwede mo magamit ang condo. If you’re not part of the team – which means para sa kanila, pag na-reserve ka – pwede kunin sa iyo ang unit,” Thiele said.

“Yun nga ang dahilan kaya kami pumayag mag-pirma ng mas maliit na kontrata kasi para ma-balance out lang ng tirahan,” he added.

Buensuceso, meanwhile, was put in a very difficult situation as he made certain financial decisions under the belief that he had another year with the club.

“On July 14th, coaches and management sat me down to discuss my future. From there, they told me they will extend me one more year. There was a gentlemen’s agreement, tapos may tender offer pa,” he shared.

“Then in August, I noticed my teammates were signing new contracts. I kept thinking maybe my contract will come. Then Alex signed. After he signed, I got very worried. They said they will sign me for another year pero there’s nothing in writing yet. One week after the Rookie Draft, I met with Kia officials and gave me the bad news that the team had decided to go on a different direction,” the guard added.

“What really hurt me was I already got a house, I took my family to a vacation and was given assurance that don’t worry, you’ll be fine. You had another year with us. I was led to believe that I still had money coming in. If I had known early on that I had no more place with Kia, I wouldn’t have made the same decisions.”

Buensuceso was even told by management to report to the practice of another PBA club, the NLEX Road Warriors, which he was informed had secured his rights, but was surprised to learn that the team wasn’t expecting him.

“They told me to report to NLEX, that I have a chance with NLEX. Something like ‘All is not lost’. But no one from the NLEX organization had contacted me. So I did it on my own and messaged Coach (Boyet Fernandez). I asked him what time is the practice on Monday? I’m happy to make the team and show my wares again,” the player said.

“Nagulat siya. ‘We have no word of you coming in. Plus, there’s no space for you here’. It kinda hurt. So I asked the Kia officials regarding NLEX and they told me to just wait.”

He was eventually allowed to join practice but was informed that the team had no available space to offer him.

Mike Burtscher, meanwhile, could not hide his frustration relaying how he was left unpaid and did not receive any care from the club after he got injured more than five months ago.

The coach and players also rued the fact that they didn’t even have copies of their contracts, making it much more difficult to claim what they felt they were due.

“By the time na nakuha namin yung contract namin terminated na kami,” Capacio shared. “May 19 and a half months pa ako sa contract ko na parang bula lang.”

“They never gave us pay slip. Paano namin malalaman (yung deductions). Walang paper trail,” Nuyles added.

“Tapos yung contract nga, katulad nung kina Coach Glenn ang tagal ibigay. Ako never ako nakatanggap ng contract sa kanila. Kaya yung huling pinirmahan ko, para akong pumirma sa tubig. Hindi sila nagbibigay ng contract. Dapat pala kinuhaan ko ng picture.”

In his many years as player and coach in the PBA, Capacio, who has brought the matter to court to seek justice on his case, said this is the only disorganized organization he has been a part of.

“Basic lang ito, kahit ikaw mag-organize, ma-o-organize mo ito. Kahit wala kang background ng basketball dito o wala kang pinangggalingan, basic lang yung mag-organize. Itinerary lang hindi mo pa magawa. Out of town games, walang itinerary. Anong klaseng team ka?”

Nuyles added that during out of town games, members of the team were set to receive allowances, but these were not released until after they returned home.

SETTLING THE MATTER

Mahindra has begun to put things back in order. They’ve pledged to honor Nuyles’ contract extension and have agreed to a buyout of Burtscher’s (which is set to last until 2016). They may already be on their way to clear up the other concerns as well.

Pineda stated that management never had any intention not to honor the contract he signed and that some of the conflict was due simply to miscommunication.

But it is clear that the damage to their relationship with their players, to the trust they have from within their own personnel, that’s already been done. Their reputation as a basketball team has been hurt as well because, make no mistake, players from other teams have kept a close watch on the issue as well.

They may be able to settle all the disputes, make all the necessary amends. But bouncing back from this issue isn’t going to be as easy as that.

It will take more than just putting things in order to really clean up this mess.

From InterAksyon

My Board

Re: PBA Scores, News and Updates
« Reply #586 on: October 07, 2015, 04:29:21 PM »

* PT Social Groups

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal