• george.estreganjr: Wife gone wild
    May 14, 2024, 01:00:56 PM
  • bumblezoid: @NarutoUzumaki salamat sa invite chief
    May 14, 2024, 09:09:44 PM
  • HolyOrder: Tagalog
    May 15, 2024, 08:25:15 AM
  • xdadskie: Melissa
    May 15, 2024, 03:57:35 PM
  • uzumakinaruto19_90: Meron po ba dyan nung Ang Usapan ni Veehvoh?
    May 16, 2024, 07:49:50 AM
  • jexxzz: Hipag
    May 17, 2024, 04:36:13 AM
  • HolyOrder: Abi
    May 17, 2024, 08:13:42 AM

7 Reasons Why We Need to Stop Tuning in to the Vhong Navarro Case

Offline Ozymandias

• I am the one who knocks!
  • Elite Certified Member
  • Certified Member 2
  • Don't bullshit a bullshitter
Article by : Thefanboyseo

1. It's veiled network war - ABS-CBN is defending Vhong's honor. I get that, it's part of their responsibility as an employer. They play the whole angle of Vhong being innocent while GMA pushes to pain Vhong as the evil, rapist out to get the 'purity' of one Ms. Deniece Cornejo. They throw news all day, countering each other's reports. It's definitely the network war in a whole new playing field and we're all stuck with it.

2. Politicians are riding in it now - Rather than focus on Napoles and her sordid activities with taxpayer money, politicians like Jinggoy Estrada and Bong Revilla are doing 'everything they can to bring justice to Vhong'. They want to ride on the popularity of this non-issue to divert attention from other matters.

3. Slut-shaming - I falling hate people who have slut shamed a person they don't even know till like 40 minutes ago. We don't know what really happened so let's not throw stones at this supposed 'Mary Magdalene'. The way the comments thread on any news outlet flows, there's always bound to be a 'P.I.' or tarantado or even death threats. What if it's your little sister that got involved in this? You'd probably tear other people's hearts right?

4. Patronizing - That's one problem I have with society. We patronize people too much. We're all monsters, we all have a dark side and it's just not right to patronize ourselves TOO MUCH. Why the fall was Vhong in the condo, meeting a girl privately despite the fact that he has a girlfriend. Ano to magbabahay-bahayan lang sila? The hashtag #justiceforvhong is just over the wall. seriously.

5. There's No Pay Off - standby a news or an issue if there's a payoff. Our first step towards peace in Mindanao has been achieved and yet we are all tuned in for the exclusive on the Vhong Navarro- Deniece Cornejo - Cedric Lee case. Once that's done, where does that leave us? Yolanda victims are still reeling from the disaster and yet here we are, moving on with our lives and making 'chismis' on a (and I cannot stress this enough) NON-ISSUE.

Also, we don't earn money from this and yet we spend so much time... even in social media.

6. It turns people into experts - just like how a Manny Pacquiao match can turn all of us into veteran sports analysts, this non-issue is turning the average Juan Dela Cruz into lawyers, detectives and medico legals. That's how absurd this is.

7. Reminder that the Rich Gets More - does it not hurt you that this is getting so much attention and yet other cases are scoffed? Yes that's right, it's because the ones involved are rich AND famous. We wouldn't even be batting an eyelash if it were some poor Juan or Juana in Tondo.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 03:29:46 PM by Ozymandias »
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” - Neil DeGrasse Tyson

My Board

Offline IORI™

• Certified Member 3
  • n if u complain once more u'll meet an army of me!
    • PTFM
    • Sagittarius
Perfect execution kapatid! I agree with you..

sent from ... ahmmm .. .. .. sorry I forgot .. :D

Don't forget to click like as an appreciation to topics/replies

.. its time to get alive! .. its time to represent!

Offline Zurca

yep, kaya hindi na din ako nanonood ng news puro tungkol sa kanila ang napapanood ko lol tuwang tuwa siguro ang meralco (power rate hike issue) at sina bong revilla (pdaf scam/ napoles issue) dahil na divert yung attentio sa kaso no vhong lol

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

My Board

Re: 7 Reasons Why We Need to Stop Tuning in to the Vhong Navarro Case
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 04:45:31 PM »

Offline Troll Montero

• Elite Certified Member
  • Certified Member 2
  • Hello
nakaka sawa nga din talaga puro yun nalang, asan na kaya si napoles hehe...
O... Ohhhhh... Ohhhhhhhhhh....

Offline petpet

My reaction to the whole thing.  :suka3: :suka3: :suka3:

My Board

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 11:24:47 AM »

Offline sugunoy

hahahha true dat, pero kaming walang mga cable had to endure the news and keep on watching whatever the stations feeds us

Sent from my laptop using the internetz.

Offline skurai01

• Abangerz
  • Valar Morghulis...
    • Aquarius
Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 12:27:29 AM
Whenever I see that news coverage I change the channel. Been a week now since it happened and still we are bombarded with the he says-she says crap.
Granted that its a hot story, but its obviously a network war like TS stated.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using the neighbor's WiFi connection...

My anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hon...

Offline somebody

• Certified Member 2
  • Love me like the first time again :D
    • Libra
Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 10:36:26 PM
very well said ser Ozy... nauumay na nga ako sa balitang yan, kung ililipat ang channel si vhong pa rin..susme..nawala na sa limelight yung mga may malaking utang sa ating lipunan.. Kaya di umaasenso ang pinoy eh, kakainis lungs... Sana lang tigilan na nila yung pagbabalita sa bagay na yun...  :suka3: :suka3:

Offline lexange

Reply #8 on: February 07, 2014, 12:11:38 AM
Article by : Thefanboyseo

1. It's veiled network war - ABS-CBN is defending Vhong's honor. I get that, it's part of their responsibility as an employer. They play the whole angle of Vhong being innocent while GMA pushes to pain Vhong as the evil, rapist out to get the 'purity' of one Ms. Deniece Cornejo. They throw news all day, countering each other's reports. It's definitely the network war in a whole new playing field and we're all stuck with it.

2. Politicians are riding in it now - Rather than focus on Napoles and her sordid activities with taxpayer money, politicians like Jinggoy Estrada and Bong Revilla are doing 'everything they can to bring justice to Vhong'. They want to ride on the popularity of this non-issue to divert attention from other matters.

3. Slut-shaming - I falling hate people who have slut shamed a person they don't even know till like 40 minutes ago. We don't know what really happened so let's not throw stones at this supposed 'Mary Magdalene'. The way the comments thread on any news outlet flows, there's always bound to be a 'P.I.' or tarantado or even death threats. What if it's your little sister that got involved in this? You'd probably tear other people's hearts right?

4. Patronizing - That's one problem I have with society. We patronize people too much. We're all monsters, we all have a dark side and it's just not right to patronize ourselves TOO MUCH. Why the fall was Vhong in the condo, meeting a girl privately despite the fact that he has a girlfriend. Ano to magbabahay-bahayan lang sila? The hashtag #justiceforvhong is just over the wall. seriously.

5. There's No Pay Off - standby a news or an issue if there's a payoff. Our first step towards peace in Mindanao has been achieved and yet we are all tuned in for the exclusive on the Vhong Navarro- Deniece Cornejo - Cedric Lee case. Once that's done, where does that leave us? Yolanda victims are still reeling from the disaster and yet here we are, moving on with our lives and making 'chismis' on a (and I cannot stress this enough) NON-ISSUE.

Also, we don't earn money from this and yet we spend so much time... even in social media.

6. It turns people into experts - just like how a Manny Pacquiao match can turn all of us into veteran sports analysts, this non-issue is turning the average Juan Dela Cruz into lawyers, detectives and medico legals. That's how absurd this is.

7. Reminder that the Rich Gets More - does it not hurt you that this is getting so much attention and yet other cases are scoffed? Yes that's right, it's because the ones involved are rich AND famous. We wouldn't even be batting an eyelash if it were some poor Juan or Juana in Tondo.

Nice one dude. I definitely agree with you. It serves as a reminder na mag dobleh ingat pag nambababae. Case closed!! LOL

Offline dennis magtulis

Reply #9 on: February 07, 2014, 02:50:31 PM
i've been out of the country for a week and thank GOD, natakasan ko to
un nga lang once I got back and turned on the TV,,sila pa rin ang nakita ko >:( >:( >:(

Offline Prime™

• Optimus Princeps
  • Global Moderator
  • Certified Member 2
  • The One-eyed King
    • PTFM
    • Scorpio
Reply #10 on: February 09, 2014, 05:34:18 AM
The guy that wrote the article is also guilty of having an opinion just like the rest of of us.

But I do agree, it has been blown out of proportion, at first I didn't care much, but when I saw the CCTV and their interviews, I was annoyed, like my intelligence was being insulted. Just like in movies, you tend to root for the under dog. But come on, how long do you need to talk about this?

Anyway, the more the media talk about this, the more likely people forget about stuff that really matters like this pork barrel scam. Gladly may bagong development with regards to a new witness in the scam and by now umay na umay na din siguro ang marami about this Denice & Vhong situation.

Media is guilty of milking the cow for the last drop, they will keep on talking about something hanggat it fits with their agenda. Media people are not doing it for public service, they get paid and some of them are paid well to be corporate shills. It's true, it has become 7 vs 2, which is actually shameful and ridiculous, cause both are guilty of lowering peoples IQ everyday.
~ Insert witty quote here ~

Offline Mark Yap T.

because it was all a setup :-) stupid cedric! ngayon makukulong ka na gago ka!

My Board

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 10:29:00 AM »

* PT Social Groups

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal